Spent this morning giving the Blut Tit nest box a clean out.
Took the box down. Here you can see one of the side windows I added to give some light for colour pictures during the day. The windows are cut from a plastic milk bottle.
Unscrewed the roof and tipped out the old moss which a Blue Tit had abandoned last year and gave the inside a good clean out.
Removed the camera and gave the lens a gentle clean as it was giving murky pictures. Refixed and checked the camera was working properly and looking in the right direction.
Gave the inside of the box a dusting of Bird Box Dusting Powder and added a thin layer of chopped dried grass, then positioned the waterproof membrane which sits under the wooden roof. This is an extra I added so any water leaks would run away from the camera.
Last job was to screw the roof back on and fix the box back in position on the back wall of the shed amongst the artificial ivy. Reconnected the camera. A quick test showed all was well.
Things are beginning to draw to a close.
10 hours ago