Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Humpty Dumpty With Feathers

The rotund shape of Long Tailed Tits always makes me think of Humpty Dumpty:

Long Tailed Tit 3

Long Tailed Tit 2

Long Tailed Tit 1

We were just getting ready for our afternoon walk when I spotted a LTT on one of the home made log peanut butter feeders. It flew off before I could get a camera ready but fortunately a few could be seen in the branches of a tree just past the end of my garden. Consequently, even with a 400mm lens, these were small crops. That is only the second time in over 12 months I have seen a LTT sample the peanut butter.

6 comments:

  1. They are such sociable little birds. They don't wreck the feeders and don't squabble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to see them arrive Adrian.

      Delete
  2. They don't hang around very long John and are never easy to get a still shot of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roy. Too true, they are always on the move.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Any comment, or correction to any information or identification I get wrong, is most welcome. John

Related Posts with Thumbnails