Honey fungus, I think. They can be very impressive.
Adruan: You are probably correct.
I think Adrian is right. They are delicious.
Not here they aren't they are very bitter and some say poisonous. Who would want to eat one I can't imagine.
I thought I had replied to this. The ones in the UK are not edible....they taste horrible and are suspected of being poisonous.
Adrian: My fault. I thought I had passed it but apparently not.
Not sure I dare eat them in spite of what Wilma says but there is quite a little army of them there John. I have seen quite a few round here over the last few days.
Weaver: Not something I ever dare to try.
a little village!
TWG: Almost a town ;>)
Thank you for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Any comment, or correction to any information or identification I get wrong, is most welcome. John