I had a feeling last week's close up
might be difficult to identify exactly. It was
a carbon monoxide detector and alarm. A device I now always use where there is the possibility of an accidental build up of CO in the home. Many years ago the family home had a coke boiler installed. One morning we all woke up feeling drowsy with thumping headaches. We had a lucky escape as the flue from the boiler had become blocked stopping the fumes from being vented to the atmosphere. It was a scary experience and one I have no desire to repeat. As always my thanks to all who had a go at identifying it.
I think this week the new close up photo
should be easier to work out that it is ..... what? If you would like to make a guess please leave it in the comments. They will be revealed, with the answer, next Monday.