Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Holly Blue

I often see small blue butterflies flitting about the garden but Sunday was the first time I have seen them land. I was tidying up at the bottom of the garden when I noticed several different flutters were landing on the Ivy growing over my fence from the property behind me. Among them were several Holly Blue butterflies so I spent a while making sure I got some shots of them:

IMG_3285

IMG_3309

IMG_3320

By the markings I think they were all females.
It was interesting to see that some of the larger butterflies often seemed to be chasing the blues away.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Adrian: It was great to have them land for a change.

      Delete
  2. Great shots John. There are quite a few around this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roy: Than you. I have never seen so many at once. Usually one every so often here.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Any comment, or correction to any information or identification I get wrong, is most welcome. John

Related Posts with Thumbnails